Hi and welcome. I’m glad you’re here.
My name is Caren, I’m a writer and ADHD coach based in Austin, Texas. All my life I knew I functioned just a little bit differently than everyone else around me. It took me a little longer to get started in life, and to say I was a late bloomer is an understatement.
It wasn’t until recently that I was formally diagnosed with ADHD, but I have a lifetime of experience learning to manage and thrive through developing life skills that kept me focused, engaged and healthy.
In 2021, I began my second-act career as an ADHD coach, helping adult women not only cope, but embrace and enjoy the brains they have been blessed with. I have a deep appreciation for the role for mindfulness, yoga, intentionality and even minimalism as coping strategies for overwhelm – something that most of us with adult ADHD deal with. I also deeply believe that choosing a suitable career and focusing on financial stability are cornerstones of a happy, low-stress life.
I help my clients improve their ADHD symptoms by addressing their lifestyle holistically and help them build self-care, financial and lifestyle habits that support their personal goals.
- Undergraduate – Psychology
- Master’s Degree – Psychology (with focus on behavior change)
- 400 Hour Yoga Teacher Training (India & USA)
- Meditation & Pranayama Certification (India)
- NASM Personal Trainer (2015)
- Precision Nutrition Certified Coach (2016)
- ADDCA ADHD Coach Certification (In Progress)
NEW TO THE BLOG? HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE POSTS:
- What to consider before you shop for anything – Once you’ve bought it, it’s your problem.
- On the art of spending well – How to buy only what you really love.
- How to think about your money from this moment forward.
- If you’re interested in becoming minimalist, you might want to check out the quick guide to becoming a minimalist.
- But keep in mind that minimalism goes far beyond purging stuff. You also have to quit doing stuff, too.